The account is not authorized to log in from this station

Kinkoi Lo klo at broadbase.com
Sat Mar 31 06:30:35 GMT 2001

Hi, I come across the following mail from the web.
[global]
# You may wish to use password encryption. Please read
# ENCRYPTION.txt, Win95.txt and WinNT.txt in the Samba documentation.
# Do not enable this option unless you have read those documents
  encrypt passwords = yes
By the setting the encrypt passwords to yes should do the trick.
> = > I am running Samba on a Sun Solaris 2.6. Since I so far = > haven't
had any > problems with Samba, I am still running v.1.9.17p3. > = > Now my
company has installed a Win 2000 Server running Citrix = > Metaframe. We >
want to connect \home and \tmp as network disks in the Metaframe >
environment, but when we try to connect to our Sun Server, = > the message
"The > account is not authorized to log in from this station" appears. I
have > enabled PlainTextPassword, but that doesn't help, I have = > tried to
connect > using: net use h: \\"ip-adress"'home and net use h: = >
\\"servername"\home, but > none of them works. > = > Does anyone know if
there is any solution to our problem ? > = > Regards, > = > Christian
Iversen > =