2 versions av samba at the same time

Sivert Carlsson sivert.carlsson at smi.mas.lu.se
Fri Mar 30 14:16:47 GMT 2001

Hi,

I have been using samba (for the moment version 2.0.7) for some years now
on Sun's Solaris, with good results and want to try out version 2.2.0. Is
it possible to have two versions of samba running on the same time and if
that is possible what do I have to consider setting up a test for version
2.2.0? I don't want to close version 2.0.7.

I have been trying to run both but got the following message in the
log-file log.smbd:
      bind failed on port 139 socket_addr=0.0.0.0 (Address already in use)

What does this mean?

Regards,
Sivert