NIS+ solutions ? [was: A question about Auth Backends]

Peter Kunst pkunst at csksoftware.de
Wed Mar 28 10:29:51 GMT 2001

Doug Marcey wrote:

> How do you use LDAP for your win domain logons? Do you use samba?
> Or are you using Win 2000?

We share the internal network between two offices, the "other"
side is mainly NT boxes using iPlanet-LDAP and an NT PDC. Don't
know how this is integrated, but i may take a deeper look.
"my" side of the internal net is real mixed: SunOS, HPUX, AIX,
Linux, NT, W2K and auths against NIS+ (but not the NTs/W2Ks).

What about integrating NIS+/samba tables into LDAP (both) ?

 Cheers, Peter