NIS+ solutions ? [was: A question about Auth Backends]

Peter Kunst pkunst at csksoftware.de
Wed Mar 28 01:07:46 GMT 2001

"David A. Mason" wrote:

> As I understand it, it is possible to authenticate to anything that Linux
> uses for user authentication, such as LDAP or Kerberos or NIS+, provided
> encrypted passwords is turned off.

So, how do i authenticate Win-Shares AND unix users on a SunOS4 box
against LDAP ?
Anyways, our NIS+ server is running Solaris 2.5, which does not set
the expiry field correctly, so it is not possible to setup Linux
boxes against NIS+... sure, upgrading the old NIS+-server would be the
first step here, but...

At the current time, we use LDAP for Win domain logins,
and NIS+/NIS-replica´s/NIS for unix logins. I still cannot
see a migration plan for this setup. Any hints ?

 Cheers, Peter