credentials

Martin Thomas mthomas at rhrk.uni-kl.de
Tue Mar 27 14:08:55 GMT 2001

Hi,

Some hints:
- do you have a samba-user 'root' in your smbpasswd database?
- did you join the machine to the domain as user root?? I think in the current version still only root
  can join a Windowsbox to the domain.
- is the smbpasswd in /usr/local/samba/private owned by root and writeable (mode 600,-rw------) ?
- does the add user script work? Try useradd --help or adduser --help and find out the right parameters.
  (my line is: add user script = /usr/sbin/useradd -g machines -c Windowsbox -d /dev/null -s /bin/false %m$,
  I have a unix group 'machines')

Greetings,
Martin