credentials

R.J.Mckeating at lboro.ac.uk R.J.Mckeating at lboro.ac.uk
Tue Mar 27 13:25:00 GMT 2001

Quoting Christian Barth <barth at cck.uni-kl.de>:

> > "The credentials supplied conflict with and existing set of
> credentials"
> This seams to be a common but solved problem:
> The pc added to the domain must NOT have any shares conected during the
> joining to the domain.
>
> Christian

OK thanks for that, almost seems to be working now but when I try to log in I
get

"The procedure number is out of range".

I don't want to bore you all with a log file so if you do want to see the log
file produced by one instance of trying to log in then go to

http://sprocket.lut.ac.uk/log.pc00-rjm

I do notice that in that file are the lines

startsmbfilepwent_internal: unable to open file
/usr/local/samba/private/smbpasswd. Error was Permission denied
  Cannot open file /usr/local/samba/private/smbpasswd. Error was Permission
denied

The file smbpasswd is indeed there, not sure why it cannot open it.

Feels like I am so close now, any help appreciated.

Cheers all

Ron

Ron McKeating
Computing Services