Samba 2.2 alpha3 released

Jeremy Allison jeremy at valinux.com
Sat Mar 24 18:28:57 GMT 2001

On Sat, Mar 24, 2001 at 10:26:18AM -0700, Patrick wrote:

> As far as I know smb/dir.c has already had the patch applied that
> handles
> the directory listing correctly for old DOS/Win3.x clients.

No, this was removed as it wasn't the right place to do it.
The wildcard algorithm needs to be changed for old DOS/Win3.x
clients and selected by client type - so it'll still appear
wrong in this release (that's why it's still alpha :-). We're
committed to getting it fixed for the next alpha, or final
release, whichever comes next (depends on people's feedback :-).

Jeremy.