Best way to change over NT PDC

Marshall, Joshua marshallj at switch.aust.com
Wed Mar 21 23:15:39 GMT 2001

Hi,

I've installed Samba 2.2 and have it working great as a PDC for our
network. It is currently co-existing with a NT4 PDC (different domain
name) - I wan't to convert the NT box to the Samba domain without
affecting Exchange Server, and use the Samba PDC.

Is there a way to do this? I know that NT PDC can be downgraded to BDC
but not to Member server. Am I stuck with re-installing NT or is there a
trick (I don't mind hacking into the registry etc) I can do to get it to
work on the new domain?

Regards,
Josh Marshall.