Migrating profile from NT server to Linux Samba PDF

Simo Sorce simo.sorce at polimi.it
Tue Mar 20 15:29:13 GMT 2001

No, Don.
Copying profiles is not enough.
In every user profile directory there's also the NTUSER.DAT file that
contains the users registry hive.
The registry keys contained in this file have permissions only for the
user of the NT domain (set by SID that will change changing the server).

If I'm not wrong in some ResKit there should be a tool to change these
permissions while migrating profiles.

Simo.

--
Simo Sorce - Linux Systems Consultant
E-mail: simo.sorce at polimi.it
Tel: +39 0348 7149179 - Fax: +39 02 700442399