Hiding nmb name in browse list

Greg J. Zartman greg at kwikfind.com
Mon Mar 12 21:11:27 GMT 2001

Peter,

I could be wrong here, but I'm pretty sure the browse list parameter tells
samba if it should keep a list of machines currently online for the
workgroup.  I would leave this at the default setting(yes), otherwise the
workstation may not be to see other machines that are currently online in
the workgroup.

I don't think that Samba has a parameter that directly addresses not being
able to see a machine in the browse list.  My best guess would be to play
around with it a little.  Try no shares at all or make a dummy share and
specify it as not browsable.....

Anyone else???

Greg