smb & win9x

Jim Morris Jim at Morris.net
Mon Mar 12 14:27:03 GMT 2001

Hello Bartlomiej,

Monday, March 12, 2001, 8:05:33 AM, you wrote:

BSN> Did you:
BSN>   option netbios-name-servers myserver.www.com, serwer1.sss.com;?

Yes - I have this line in my dhcpd.conf:

    option netbios-name-servers 192.168.10.1;

That is the IP address of the Samba server, which is properly
configured as WINS server and logon server for the domain.  Note that
the clients *DO* show the proper WINS server address using WINIPCFG or
IPCONFIG after logging in - it is just that there is some sort of
delay from booting the client PC, before it actually can find the
logon server.

--
Best regards,
 Jim Morris                            mailto:Jim at Morris.net