Printer Driver Installation

Roman Orth Roman.Orth at educators.de
Sun Mar 11 11:37:29 GMT 2001

Hi there,
I've tried the support for downloading printer driver files with Samba
2.2.0-alpha2 and encountered some problems:
First I tried a PCL driver which seemed to work except for configuring the
printer afterwards. It won't accept other paper sizes than US letter,
although other formats are stored in the corresponding *.gpd file.
Then I tried a PS driver, but Windows insists that there is no driver
installed when I tried to configure it. Nevertheless it prints.
I'm not shure if something changed from NT4 to W2k in the printing modell,
but the directory name is still W32X86. The files were transferred correctly
into \\server\print$\W32X86\3 and then installed onto the client machine,
but configuring seems to be the problem.
If someone has any clue what to do, please drop me a note.

bye

Roman
\ Roman Orth                    roman.orth at educators.de  /
/ educators Gbr                 +49(0)631 34106-0        \
\ Hoelzengraben 2                                        /
/ 67657 Kaiserslautern                                   \
\ Germany                                                /