Group weirdness with Samba

MCCALL,DON (HP-USA,ex1) don_mccall at hp.com
Fri Mar 9 18:44:59 GMT 2001

Hi Sven,
The users that are affected, are they members of a LOT of groups?  And the
group that you are having problems with, how long is the list of members for
this group?  And when the problem DOES occur, does it affect ALL members of
the group, or just a select few of them?
When the problem occurs, you might want to set debug level = 10, and log
file = ..../log.%m
and reproduce, and check the debug statements for the # of groups the user
is in, and see if that matches with what a physical look at /etc/group has
to say. Speaking of /etc/group, are you by any chance using NIS?
hope this helps,
Don