samba 2.2.aplhae 2

Greg J. Zartman greg at kwikfind.com
Fri Mar 9 15:58:23 GMT 2001

Peter,

It would be extremely difficult, if not impossible, for people to help you
with your samba problem without any information from you.  We can all guess
at what is wrong, but this will likely be on limited value to you.

I suggest that you read the Samba FAQs, the Samba 2.2 PDC How To, and the
Using Samba book; all of which come with the Samba 2.2 source that you
downloaded.  The Using Samba book is very good at teaching the steps to
configure samba in a step by step method.  Once you get samba working, using
the examples in the book, then move on to the PDC How To and FAQs.  If you
are still having problems, then come back to this forum and post your
questions.  You will have a much better understanding of Samba at that
point, and will know what questions to ask.

Good luck.

Greg J. Zartman, P.E.