smb wrapper ???

J.L.Gilmour at exeter.ac.uk J.L.Gilmour at exeter.ac.uk
Fri Mar 9 12:09:25 GMT 2001

Hi,

I've recently set up TNG on a solaris 8 (ultra sparc) server.
Its controlling a domain of around 30 nt workstations. Each has a drive
'D:' containing data to be backed up. The sparc box has a DDS4 dat drive.

My plan: configure samba to mount the PCs disks, copy each disk's changes
to a local drive on the sun, copy that disk to tape.

I've compiled TNG with the --with-smbwrapper option [1] and have an
smbwrapper.so file.

Now what? It looks like this is going to work from /smb something like
an automounter. So I'm thinking I need some kind of entry in something
like vfstab ??

Thanks for any suggestions or links...

Jayne.

[1] this needed a tweak - at a guess I'd say the 'HAVE_UTIMES' flag isn't
set properly under Solaris 8. Its define in <time.h> but in wrapped.c
if is included. OR, is it simply that the '#ifdef' should really be a
'#ifndef' ???
--
      Jayne Gilmour, BSc. MSc.  Unix & Network Administrator

 Internet: "a network of computers which lots of people are inter"