Changing your samba password from windows

Jeremy Allison jeremy at valinux.com
Thu Mar 8 19:03:39 GMT 2001

Philipp Hug wrote:

> I tried the same on Win2k (with CVS version of Samba 2.2) and got the same
> message:
>
> [2001/03/07 23:51:34, 0] rpc_server/srv_samr_nt.c:_samr_get_dom_pwinfo(2435)
>   _samr_get_dom_pwinfo: Not yet implemented.

Yes, I'm looking at this one also. It's currently an undocumented
and encrypted RPC that W2K seems to need to succeed on SAMR before
it will allow password change. WinNT doesn't need this so it works.

I'm looking into what to return here (we currently just return
zeros which obviously isn't correct).

This is an interesting one..... any ideas welcome :-).

Jeremy.