Help Mounting W2K Shares on Linux Box

Johnson, Byron G. bgjohnson at tasc.com
Wed Mar 7 13:30:29 GMT 2001

I've asked this question of this list before and have made some progress.
Here is where I now stand.

I am trying to mount W2K shares (ntfs partitions) on my linux box running
Samba 2.0.7. I also have a couple of W2K fat32 shares and get the same
results with them.

When I try to mount a W2K share using the mount command, here is what I get:
[root at linux /root]# mount -t ntfs -o username="valid_account",
password="valid_password"  -L\\bgjohnson\D$ /mnt/bgjohnson-D
mount: no such partition found

When I try to mount a W2K share using the smbmount command, here is what I
get:
[root at linux /root]# smbmount \\\\bgjohnson\\D$ /mnt/bgjohnson-D
Password:
session setup failed: ERRDOS - ERRnoaccess
SMB connection failed

When I access the same share using smbclient, same userid and password, it
works:
[root at linux /root]# smbclient //bgjohnson/D$
-U"valid_account"%"valid_password"
smb:

Any ideas / suggestions.

--
Byron G. Johnson
Business Development Manager, Enterprise Security
E-Mail:  bgjohnson at tasc.com