hpdj990c and samba

Mike massey at rmci.net
Tue Mar 6 01:17:03 GMT 2001

NT from personal experince with 8 of them on my network does not like 890C
drivers. NT will drop it's RPC Server and die, try that on a network print
server. HP says the newer release fixed this but it did nothing to help us.
On HP Printers you can use the universal series drivers 500 550C 600C 660C
on most printers except for the Windows only printers, yes HP makes these
and no DOS apps will not print. Yes you will loose all of the HP ads and
some funtionality but the printers will work fine.

Cheers

Mike