Really strange lookups

Michael Blinn mblinn at peopleplaces.org
Sun Mar 4 18:17:25 GMT 2001

 Hello! When attempting (unsuccessfully) to log into my samba PDC from a
WinNT Server 4.0 machine (NetBIOS name NTSERVER, though it USED to be named
LULU) it appears that the WinNT machine is sending just about anything as a
username in an attempt to authenticate (including the name advapi32.dll???)
This system is running Debian with a 2.2.18 kernel.

I've attached a snippet of the logs below, along with relevent sections of
smb.conf. This happens using both samba 2.0.7 and samba 2.2.0-alpha2  -- Any
help is greatly appreciated.

-Michael Blinn
 People Places, Inc.