Policies and Samba 2.2.alpha2

Christian Barth barth at cck.uni-kl.de
Sun Mar 4 12:21:27 GMT 2001

>   of the user). The scripts are executed but the policy is not always
>   updated. I can't figure out a logical rule for the policy being

One thing we expirenced when testing policies is that the updates are
sometimes only made if the user dosn't have a ntuser.dat in his
profile, e.g. if it is a new profile/user. This is especially ture if
you have restricted some thing und then you give up the ristriction.

To my opinion, if you see an obvious policy-influens ("color") at a
new profile, the samba side is o.k. The updates seem to be the tricky
part of NT.

Christian