Samba as Domain Controller

Greg J. Zartman greg at kwikfind.com
Fri Mar 2 23:12:59 GMT 2001

Well, now that I have the attention of the development team, I might as well
ask a question.  :o)

Is it possible to change a users password, on a Samba PDC setup, from the
client workstation (say win2k).  So, the user presses CTRL-ALT-DEL on the
client machine and selects change password?  When I try this I get a really
strange error "1783: The stub received bad data".

Is this a password sync issue?  That's what people have been telling me, but
was under the impression that password snyc was the operation of updating
the passwd file with changes in the smbpasswd file.

Thanks,

Greg