Windows 2000 and Kerberos

Jason R Thorpe thorpej at zembu.com
Fri Mar 2 19:38:35 GMT 2001

Hi folks...

I've been trying to research this myself without bothering
anyone about it, but I decided that I was confused enough that
I just needed to ask :-)

I'm currently using Samba to serve a few Windows 2000 systems
in a workgroup.  However, I need to use Kerberos with the
Windows 2000 systems so that they can participate in a particular
IPsec network (Windows 2000 has a GSSAPI/Kerberos5 authentication
mechanism for IKE, which is described in the Internet Draft
draft-ietf-ipsec-isakmp-gss-auth-06.txt, which we subsequently
implemented in the KAME IKE implentation, because Kerberos is
generally a nice way to do these sorts of things).

My KDC is a NetBSD system with the KTH/Heimdal Kerberos 5
implementation.  For all intents and purposes, I suppose
this means "MIT" to Windows.