Machine-Accounts-Problem

Jochen Witte jwitte at meome-ag.de
Fri Mar 2 18:16:44 GMT 2001

Hello everybody,

I just installed samba-2.2.0-alpha2 and I have the following line in
smb.conf:

add user script = /usr/sbin/useradd -g machines -c Machine -d /dev/null
-s /bin/false %m$ && /usr/local/samba/bin/smbpasswd -a -m %m$

I`m able to add a Windows 2000-Client to the Domain => there are entries
in /etc/passwd and in /usr/local/samba/private/smbpasswd.

But when I want to login (after reboot) into the Windows200-Client I
get:

"Unable to log in to domain: the account for the SYSTEM is not present
in his primary
Domain or the password for the computeraccount is wrong."

(This is translated from German, sorry :))

What is my problem?

Greetings

--
Jochen Witte