hpdj990c and samba

Rajeev Agrawala rajeeva at research.bell-labs.com
Fri Mar 2 15:26:38 GMT 2001

Jeremy Allison wrote:

> Rajeev Agrawala wrote:
> >
> > DJ850C works fine for me too. It the DJ890C and DJ990C, that don't work.
> > NT does not come with default drivers for DJ890C and DJ990C. I have
> > downloaded drivers from www.hp.com.
> >
> > Have you tried DJ890C/DJ990C?
>
> Can you send me the drivers please and I'll test this here.

Hi,

You can download the driver for 990C from

ftp://www.hp.com/pub/printers/software/dj997en.exe

and for 890C from

ftp://www.hp.com/pub/printers/software/dj884en.exe

Instead of executing these files on my PC, I unzipped the distribution
using winzip and while installing print drivers on samba, I clicked have
disk for choosing the printer driver and browsed to the drivers dir
inside this downloaded distribution. Since these files are large (a
couple of Mbytes), I did not enclose them in the email. But if you have
any problem in downloading these files, please let me know. I will send
it by email.

Thanks for looking into this.

rajeev