Access Error !!!

Ext-Nikos.Lakoutsis at nokia.com Ext-Nikos.Lakoutsis at nokia.com
Fri Mar 2 12:06:54 GMT 2001

Hi all,

I was wondering if you could help me with the following problem as I don't
have a lot of experience.
I've got a 2.0.4b SMB server running in a Sun 5.6 environment. It connects
to a domain, and the security is set to domain.
The users are mainly using NT with >SP3 and they can map drives fine.
A user though, is trying to run a script which uses one of those map drives
and he is getting
Operating System access denied on the directory. Modify the access
privileges and retry the operation.
There is no problem with the Unix permissions as the user can write to it
through the Windows explorer.
The samba passwd file is empty as I have a passwd server set to the NT 4.0
PDC of the domain.
My question is do I need to set the user in the smbpasswd file. I am not
quite sure how the smbpasswd file works if you connect your server to an NT
PDC.

Thanks in advance

Nikos