Samba as a PDC and NIS authentication

roger at labtie.mmt.upc.es roger at labtie.mmt.upc.es
Thu Mar 1 10:31:04 GMT 2001

hi,

    We have set up Samba (2.0.7, on a 2.2.17 kernel) as a PDC. Our main
problem now is that we would like to unify Windows passwords and Linux
passwords taking into account that we are using NIS for Linux
authentication. The samba PDC and the NIS Server are on the same
machine.

    We would apreciate any information regarding this pasword
unification (Windows with NIS) because we don't know really how to focus
the problem (i.e. via scripts, or using any utility, or ?).

    Thank you very much for your help

roger