"One password for all"

Akop Pogosian akopps at CSUA.Berkeley.EDU
Thu Mar 1 07:11:12 GMT 2001

On Thu, 1 Mar 2001, Schlomo Schapiro wrote:

> Hi,
>
> (maybe OT)
>
> I am also currently researching the options Novell gives in integrating
> Unix & Windows account AND homedirs.
>
> Did you have success with the NDS Account Management ? Did you try to SSO,
> too ? I checked the NFS server so far, but it seems not so good (or I
> don't understand it)
>
> Anyway, Novell is going to publish their own adaption of samba (a CIFS
> server :-) in "spring", so this might be something interesting to look
> into.
>
> Schlomo

Well, I haven't used NDS with Account Management but the specs sure
look cool.  Someone I know who used it says that it seems to work
fine.  As for home dir sharing I don't see why novel has to do
anything with it, I am just interested in their directory services
related products.

-akop