samba authenticatiing from samba PDC

Buchan Milne bgmilne at cae.co.za
Wed Jan 31 08:44:29 GMT 2001

Does the user who's connecting have a unix account on the machine ? Does
it have a samba account on the PDC. Have you joined the samba machine to
the domain.

Peter Milburn wrote:

> I have a working samba PDC , I am now trying to get another samba server,
> running 2.07 to authenticate from the samba PDC
>
> When I goto to the samba 2.0.7 it does not ask for a username or passwd,
> just puts in straight in.
>
> When checking with smbstats, it gives the permissions or user being nobody.

You've connected as a guest for some reason. What is "map to guest" set
to in the smb.conf on the machine you are trying to connect to ?

> Any help
>
> Thanks,

Cellphone * Work               +27 82 472 2231 * +27 21 808 2497