2.2.0-alpha1 and smbpasswd -j

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at physik.fu-berlin.de
Sun Jan 28 09:35:09 GMT 2001

I cannot join a Samba PDC with a Samba member both running 2.2.0-alpha1:

root at oberon ~ # smbpasswd -j physik
cli_pipe: return critical error. Error was code 0
cli_pipe: return critical error. Error was code 0
modify_trust_password: unable to obtain domain sid from PASSWD. Error was :
code 0.
2001/01/27 08:46:08 : change_trust_account_password: Failed to change password
for domain PHYSIK.
Unable to join domain PHYSIK.

On the other hand it has been reported to me that NT4 could successfully join
the domain (W9x anyway).

Any ideas, what might be the problem? Could it we tcp-wrappers? Do I have to
open up additional services (which?) for the Samba rpc mechanisms?

Thanks, Axel.
Axel.Thimm at physik.fu-berlin.de