Samba2.2alpha1

David Bannon D.Bannon at latrobe.edu.au
Sun Jan 28 07:16:45 GMT 2001

At 10:46 AM 26/1/2001 -1000, Eric Pilger wrote:

>The FAQ used to very clearly indicate that you had to create the machine
account BEFORE

True, but 2.2 now includes code to add the machine account 'on the fly'.
That does not exclude you from makeing the account before hand, and
certainly it can make your set up simpler.

>I have now tried it without the machine name in /etc/passwd. It now fails
>because I can't add a username that ends with $.

This is dealt with in the FAQ. See the question 'I cannot include a '$' in
a machine name.'

David
David Bannon                      D.Bannon at latrobe.edu.au
School of Biochemistry            Phone 61 03 479 2197
La Trobe University, Plenty Rd,   Fax   61 03 479 2467
Bundoora, Vic, Australia, 3083