Policies & w2k

Joakim Tjernlund joakim.tjernlund at lumentis.se
Fri Jan 26 15:46:04 GMT 2001

I am running an Samba PDC with W2K clients.

Problem:
  The files in c:\Doument and settings\%USER\Local Settings are not stored
  the Profile in the PDC(samba 2.2.x)

There is c:\Doument and settings\%USER\ntuser.ini file which contain:
[General]
ExclusionList=Local Settings;Temporary Internet Files;History;Temp;Local
Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook;

This indicates that the Local Settings directory is not save on purpose. I
tried to edit
this file manually(removed Local Settings) but as soon I had logged out and
in again
it was there again(the Local Settings)

The reason I want to have Local Settings stored on the PDC is that Outlook
and
Outlook Express store their mail there and I want to have a copy on the
samba server
in case of hard disc crash or similar on the w2k work station.

 Joakim