Dualing Sambas (Or dueling Sambas, depending on how you want to l ook at it)

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at samba.org
Fri Jan 26 14:13:09 GMT 2001

On Fri, 26 Jan 2001, Simo Sorce wrote:

> On Thu, 25 Jan 2001, Gill, Vern wrote:
>
> > I need some help here, and some info.
> >
> > First, what is SURS tdb, and is it similiar to tdbsam? Should I be using
> > it for TNG.
>
> SURS is also concerned to admit mapping of trusted domains users to posix
> uids.

wrong.  it is not just trusted domain users.  it is ALL users, ALL groups,
ALL aliases: ANYTHING that has a SID.

[which then can be mapped SID <->uid and SID <-> gid]

please do not forget this.

read draft-lkcl-sidtouidmap-00.txt.

if something is not clear in it, please let me know and i will update it.

thanks.