Samba 2.2 Domains & RedHat 7.0 problems[FIXED]

Joakim Tjernlund Joakim.Tjernlund at lumentis.se
Thu Jan 25 22:28:11 GMT 2001

Hi Jonathan

I did: make CC=kgcc
and make CC=kgcc install

Don't forget to do "make clean" first.

           Jocke
PS.
       This(use kgcc instead of gcc in RH 7) should be stated in the
FAQ/HOWTO.
----

Hi,

I had seen this somewhere before and tried it, and it worked, but didn't =
realize how important it is...
and I need to do that again, but now I can't find the instructions on how =
to do it.  Can you tell me how to do it?

>From what I remember, it was something like this: CC=3D"kgcc" ./configure
then do make and make install

Is that correct?

thanks,
jonathan

>>> "Joakim Tjernlund" <joakim.tjernlund at lumentis.se> 01/25/01 10:09AM >>>
Hi All

I have been trying to join a W2K workstion to a samba 2.2.x PDC for weeks
now.I was getting all sorts of error messages and internal errors too.

I then remembered something about Redhat 7.0 gcc beeing unstable. I =
switched
to kgcc(included in RH 7.0 also) and suddenly it was possible to join
the samba PDC domain!!

Conclusion: Do not use gcc in RH 7.0! Use kgcc instead.

    Jocke