Authentication

JBCurry jbcurry at hline.localhealth.net
Thu Jan 25 17:36:34 GMT 2001

Are these Win9x, NT or 2000?  Which password are you saying isn't getting
changed - the smbpasswd, or the Unix password?  What is the error that you
get?

A common problem with Win9x clients is how the "Change Password" control
panel item is used.  Make sure that both the Windows Password and the
Microsoft Network password are both being changed, or you may have problems
next time you change the password or log on.

If your smbpasswd is being changed o.k., but not your Unix password, make
sure that password sync is turned on and your password chat parameter is set
up properly.