tdb status?

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at physik.fu-berlin.de
Thu Jan 25 15:02:43 GMT 2001

I am trying to setup 2.2.0-alpha1. What is the status of tdb therein? If I
configure --with-tdbpwd then smbpasswd is a tdb file and not smbpasswd.tdb.

What is the concept? Shouldn't there remain a text based smbpasswd for
compatibility reasons, or shouldn't there be a way to convert from text to tdb
and backwards? I'd like to periodically check syncronization of unix and Samba
users.

Other than reading the source, is the new tdb philosophy documented somewhere
(which files etc.)?

Thanks, Axel.
Axel.Thimm at physik.fu-berlin.de