samba 2.2alpha and roaming profiles

Jonathan Brown jbrown at db2000.com
Wed Jan 24 04:03:30 GMT 2001

I would put the [home] back in.... Where are you pointing the "Logon Path" to? That is important too.

>>> Peter Milburn <peter.milburn at sofcom.com.au> 01/23/01 10:53PM >>>

OK the error goes like this..

Windows cannot create a profile for \\tux\test.test\profile.psd. You will be loggeson with a local profile only. Changes to the profile will not be propergated to the server. COntact your network administrator.

Also I have take the folder [home] out of the smb.conf. I am wodering if that might be the cause of it.

Cause it was there when I logged on with the first user.

Not sure.

thanks

--
Peter Milburn
Systems Manager
peter.milburn at sofcom.com.au
Ph: +613 9826 8300      Fax: +613 9826 8336
Level 16, 644 Chapel St
South Yarra, Vic 3141
www.sofcom.com.au
This message contains privileged and confidential information intended only
for the use of the addressee named above.  If you are not the intended
recipient of this message you must not disseminate, copy or take any action
in reliance on it.  If you have received this message in error, please
notify Software Communication Group immediately.
Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender
except where the sender specifically states them to be the views of Software
Communication Group.