(no subject)

Kevin Colby kevinc at grainsystems.com
Mon Jan 22 21:38:08 GMT 2001

Jean Francois Micouleau wrote:
> On Mon, 15 Jan 2001, Adam Read wrote:
> >
> > Of course, getting winbind and getting it to work is another story.  CVS
> > of HEAD nor 2.2 work, and I had to grab it by making it from the TNG
> > CVS(Please fix this, its a make problem).
>
> no it's not a makefile problem. The winbind code included in HEAD and 2.2
> is way outdated. If you want winbind grab the APPLIANCE_TNG branch.
> Merging winbind to HEAD or 2.2 is a rather complex and boring task.

We are trying to implement winbind currently, and are having no luck
even finding it.  There is an RPM built for RH that we have tried to
no avail (passwords never seem to be valid), but I have seen posts that
say to not use anything other than CVS.  Okay.  However, they refer to
either "APPLIANCE_TNG" or "APPLIANCE_HEAD", neither of which seem to
exist on pserver.samba.org's /cvsroot.  We are currently trying, as
Adam did, to use TNG's version.

Will the real winbind please stand up?

	- Kevin Colby
	  kevinc at grainsystems.com