pc drive mapping

Nelson Garcia garcian002 at hawaii.rr.com
Mon Jan 22 19:49:21 GMT 2001

pc drive mappingI have a share setup in my smb.conf like this:

[personal]
    comment = Personal Folder
    path = /home/samba/personal/%U
    public = no
    directory mask = 0700
    create mask = 0700

The %U is the user name.  Then I make sure that I have a folder '/home/samba/personal/<username> for each samba user.
I'm writing this from memory, so I'm not sure if that's exactly how mine reads, but you get the picture.

Aloha,
Nelson