2.0.7 PDC to NT workstation 4 connection problem

McEldowney, Michael MMcEldowney at deltaregional.com
Wed Jan 17 17:43:02 GMT 2001

I had the same problem with a Win2K box.  The only thing that worked for
me was to manually edit the smbpasswd entry for the machine.  (I copied
the entry to another line, commented out the old one, and edited the
copied line.)  I then replaced all of the letters in the password fields
(the 3rd and 4th fields) with astericks, paying attention to match the
number of asterisks with the number of characters.  Once I did that I
was able to log in without a problem.  In all fairness, it may have been
a coincidence and the machine may have updated itself, as the WS and 2K
machines do weekly.  I haven't had an opportunity to test this on
another one yet.  Let me know if it works!