Customed Start Menus for Win9X users

Ken Noel noelk at bc.edu
Tue Jan 16 19:24:05 GMT 2001

If you run poledit then choose default computer to edit.  Then choose Window
NT shell next Custom Shared Folders.  In there are shared Program Folders,
Desktop Icons Startmenu...  You can created startmenu's or Program Folders for
different computers to use.

Maybe I'm wrong but I believe thats the way we do it here.

Ken

>===== Original Message From Mark Westcott <mark at axeon.screaming.net> =====
>Yep, but policies dont allow you to change the contents of the start
>menu - ie what appears inside the programs section
>
>Ken Noel wrote:
>
>> Poledit is a tool that allows you to create a policy.  You can assign a
policy
>> by using global groups.
>>
>> Ken
>>
>>> ===== Original Message From Mark Westcott <mark at axeon.screaming.net> =====
>>> Hi, and thanks for this.  I've been looking in the Win98 resource kit,
>>> and cant find anything saying how to have different groups of users
>>> having different start menus.  Could you give me an exact pointer to
>>> where in the res kit?
>>>

>>> Thanks
>>>

>>> Mark
>>

>> Kenneth Noel