slightly off topic, but if anyone knows...

McEldowney, Michael MMcEldowney at deltaregional.com
Tue Jan 16 18:15:56 GMT 2001

Kathee,

Migrating the profile information is a pain in the #@%, and after
following all the steps, it still didn't work well for me.  I tried to
migrate my own NTWS and have not gotten it to work.  Basically (or so
the documentation would lead you to believe), you copy the profile info
from the WS drive( usually c:\winnt\profiles\%USERNAME% ) to the
profiles dir on your SAMBA box for the same user.

I did that, and all seemed to work, until I clicked on the Start button.
Then:

Right click on desktop icon: GPF
Click Start, Click Programs: GPF
Right click "My computer" icon, click "Open" or "Explore": GPF

If I rejoin my old domain, the problem goes away...

To work around it I logged into my WS as Administrator, created a local
account for my username, and then logged in locally to the WS as myself.
That allows me access to both domains.

I intend to fdisk and reinstall my WS sometime in the future...

Good Luck,

Mike