Customed Start Menus for Win9X users

Simo Sorce simo.sorce at polimi.it
Tue Jan 16 14:00:08 GMT 2001

On Mon, 15 Jan 2001, Mark Westcott wrote:

> Hi all.  I have a school network with a samba server acting as PDC etc,
> but I would like users in different groups to receive different start
> menus.  Is this at all possible, if so how?
>

> Many thanks
>

> Mark

We have the same profile for every group of users.
To server the correct profile I've put the variabile %G in the
logon path config entry.
eg: logon path = \\%N\profiles\%G

so having a share of name profiles and a directory inside it the same name
of unix group where the profile is stored.

This way user of group grp1 will search for profile in ../profiles/grp1/

--
Simo Sorce - Integrazione Sistemi Unix/Windows - Politecnico di Milano
E-mail: simo.sorce at polimi.it
Tel.int: 02 2399 2425 - Fax.int. 02 2399 2451