Windows 2000 joining 2.2.alpha1

kat kathee at ezunx.com
Tue Jan 16 05:57:45 GMT 2001

I know it has probably been asked, but I am desperate
right now (entire domain is down - dead NT box) and trying
to convert to samba pdc... have a couple hours left.

NT boxes join just fine, as do 98, BUT, the WIndows 2K
boxes keep telling me that they are joining with a
global "machine" account -- try using a normal account.

It does not make sense.  The useradd script works fine, and the
account (nb1$) is added to both passwd and smbpasswd, but
the stupid thing won't join the domain.... I am at my
wits end... Can anyone give me some pointers?

thanks
Kathee