Samba for W2000

VIGNES Romain CS-SI Vignes at ulysse.cea.fr
Mon Jan 15 13:45:36 GMT 2001

Hello,
I get same problem than Alika about how to connect a W2000 pc to a server
unix.
When the file systeme is protect by a passwd acces, with a NT PC, you have
to change the registry as following:
			1. Run Registry Editor (REGEDT32.EXE).

			             2. From the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE subtree,
go to the following key:

\system\currentcontrolset\services\rdr\parameters

			             3. From the Edit menu, select Add
Value.

			             4. Add the following:

			             Value Name: EnablePlainTextPassword

			             Data Type: REG_DWORD

			             Data: 1

			             5. Choose OK and quit Registry Editor.

			             6. Shutdown and restart Windows NT.
But for W2000 it's different.
I know that the registry key in W2000 which as the same uses is:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\lanmanworkstation\p
arameters\EnablePlainTextPassword
But, even with a key value of "1", it don't work !!
Please help !
Thanks a lot, sincerly yours