2.2alpha1 - Using as login server for Windows 2000 machine(s)

Jade E. Deane moose at riven.net
Sun Jan 14 00:00:56 GMT 2001

In follow up to my previous email, how about this... when pulling down 2.2
via CVS (as suggested in the 2.2 PDC howto) I use the following CVS command:

cvs -d :pserver:cvs at pserver.samba.org:/cvsroot co -r SAMBA_2_2 samba

Is this vaild?  I'm asking because when I run "smbstatus" I see:

Samba version 2.2.0-alpha1

Jade