Group policies for Win98

Sam Silvester sam at quadlink.com.au
Sat Jan 13 00:55:00 GMT 2001

Hi Everyone!

I'm working on a Samba server for a small (~600 students) school, in which
we want to have individual accounts for each user.

We also use system policies to maintain some level of control over the
workstations, but I can't work out how to get group policies working. I've
installed support for group policies on the workstations and created the
policy file with the groups 'students', 'teachers' and 'admins'

Provided all of the individual accounts are entered into the smbpasswd
file, how do I then specify which group they are in, and then make the
workstations pick this up???

thanks in advance,

Sam!

--
Programming is an art form that fights back.

Sam Silvester
<sam at quadlink.com.au>

Ph:  0408 492 205
Fax: (08) 8849 2376