Passwd problems

Graeme.Vetterlein at ntl.com Graeme.Vetterlein at ntl.com
Fri Jan 12 11:19:01 GMT 2001

> From: "Wood, Jeremy" <WoodJ at metatec.com>
> Hello all,
> 	I am in a bit if a dilemma here.  At my company, which
> is mostly M$
>   Most of the people that
> check this
> server for files are barely smart enough to run windows so I
> can't even get
> into having them SSH to the file server and fix the problem
> themselves.
> 	Basically my question is:  When someone changes their NT domain
> password (say thru Ctl+Alt+Del on NT), how do I automate it
> so the smbpasswd
> on the Samba machine is also updated?
> "[quote removed because of complaints... yes really]"

Yep we have a similar set of problems^H^H^H^H^ opportunities :-)

I opted to do it 'the other way around' set the smb.conf to use server
mode. This means the NT box acts as the source-of-authority for the passwds.
This means you don't have an smbpasswd file to worry about. It does however
have it's own set of problems, I was thinking of switching to your model :-)

--
Graeme