Virus scanner for samba file server

Art Wildman wildman at mediaone.net
Fri Jan 12 06:02:00 GMT 2001

NAI/Mcafee.com has a linux virus scanner/inserter, but I don't like the way it
behaves on winblows, so I've never had the guts to try it on a perfectly good
linux server ;) This most elegant solution appeals to me....
--
Art Wildman - wildman at mediaone.net - http:/network-this.net

------------< From Mailhelp List >--------------
On Tue, 26 Dec 2000, Charles Galpin spewed into the bitstream:

CG>This site has everything you need to set up a *general* mechanism to
CG>thwart scripting or exe viruses. The basic approach is to rename
CG>attachment, and modify scripts to prevent them from running without you
CG>manualy renaming them (or modifying the scripts). When I hear the name
CG>John Hardin, I cannot help but smile :)
CG>
CG>ftp://ftp.rubyriver.com/pub/jhardin/antispam/procmail-security.html
CG>
CG>ho ho ho
CG>charles
CG>
CG>On Sat, 23 Dec 2000, scott.list wrote:
CG>
CG>> Happy Holidays guys!
CG>>
CG>> Here as of late I've been getting worn out with a virus.  It's attached in
CG>> various forms to a  message that says HaHa or Smow WHite and the Seven
CG>> Dwarfs....

Here is what I do:

:0
   {
     :0 fhbw
     |/bin/sed -e 's/\([nN][aA][mM][eE]=".*\....\)"/\1.txt"/'

     :0 c
     /tmp/vbs
   }
}