Linux --> NT mount problem

Chris Odgers Chris.Odgers at sausage.com
Fri Jan 12 02:37:57 GMT 2001

NT servers usually don't respond to session requests when queried via
their fqdn (which isn't usually the same as their netbios name.)

I don't know how you'd do it via fstab, but I have success connecting
to offsite NT servers using the syntax:

smbclient //netbios-target-name/sharename -U user%password -I
dest.ip.add.ress

i'm 99% sure that smbmount, at least in some revisions, supports this
syntax.