Profiles, roaming and roving profiles

Martin Radford martin at zamenhof.demon.co.uk
Thu Jan 11 17:03:57 GMT 2001

> > What is the difference between 'profiles','roaming
> > profiles' and 'roving profiles' and which are supported by
> > samba?
>
> A Roaving profile doesn't exist.  So I can't tell you what samba defines it
> as.

An altavista search for:
+roving +host:support.microsoft.com

reveals that "roving profiles" do indeed exist.  However, it seems
that Microsoft only use the term when referring to Windows 95.  The
terms "roving profiles" and "roaming profiles" are synonymous (but
"roving" tends to be used for Win95 only).

Martin
--
Martin Radford              |   "Only wimps use tape backup: _real_
martin at zamenhof.demon.co.uk | men just upload their important stuff  -o)